11 Additional Songs Announced & New Power-Ups Revealed for Rock Band Blitz!
MORE SOUNDTRACK DETAILS & NEW POWER-UPS REVEALED FOR ROCK BAND BLITZ!
Cambridge, Mass. – May 29th, 2012 – Today Harmonix has announced 11 additional tracks and more exciting Power-up details for Rock Band™ Blitz, the all-new downloadable title coming to Xbox LIVE® Arcade and PlayStation®Network that brings the excitement of a full band experience into your hand! Designed for use with a standard controller, Rock Band Blitz is beat-match gameplay evolved… fast paced, over the top and no instrument peripherals required!
Rock Band Blitz will support the biggest music library in gaming, fully compatible with hundreds of songs already available in the Rock Band Music Store, as well as tracks exported from Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and more! Additionally, Rock Band Blitz will ship with more than 20 songs from music’s biggest artists, include the following songs that have just been announced:
• The All-American Rejects – “Kids in the Street”
• Barenaked Ladies – “One Week”
• Collective Soul – “Shine”
• Elton John – “I’m Still Standing”
• Fall Out Boy – “A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More ‘Touch Me’”
• Great White – “Once Bitten Twice Shy”
• Iron Maiden – “The Wicker Man”
• Living Colour – “Cult of Personality”
• P!nk – “Raise Your Glass”
• Shinedown – “Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)”
• Tears for Fears – “Shout”
More songs will be revealed this summer, so stay tuned! For a full list of songs revealed so far, including music from Blink-182, Foster the People, and more, head to http://www.rockband.com/games/rockbandblitz!
Players will rock out to their favorite tracks while fighting to outscore their friends in Rock Band Blitz! The key to making scores soar are Rock Band Blitz’s over-the-top Power-ups, which players equip before launching into their favorite tracks. Topping the leaderboards is all about strategically selecting Power-up loadouts that best suit personal player styles and deploying these score boosters at the perfect time in each song.
There are over 15 Power-ups for players to unlock across three different categories, including the following that have just been revealed today:
Overdrive Power-ups: Play glowing notes to earn Energy, then deploy insane Overdrive Power-ups, including…
• Shockwave: Sends a sonic wave that earns you bonus points for every note it touches! The more Energy you’ve stored, the larger the Shockwave!
• Point Doubler: Earns two times the points for every note played!
• Jackpot: Launch Jackpot to start a run that will earn you three times the points if you can play a section of notes perfectly. Be careful – miss a note and you lose it all!
Note Power-ups: Equip Note Power-ups to randomly scatter glowing purple notes throughout a song. Hit those notes for some wild, point-boosting effects, like…
• Flame note: Hit this note to start a fire. Follow the spreading blaze to earn bonus points!
• Runaway Note: Trigger this type of note to send a spark down the track. Chase that runaway note down and get the big points.
• Synchrony: For the rhythm junkie, Synchrony allows you to switch tracks on the downbeat for bonus points. Switching at the measure markers also plays notes on both tracks!
Rock Band Blitz is scheduled for release on Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network this summer. For the latest assets, including screenshots and the game logo, please visit http://www.rockband.com/press/blitz.
For more information, please visit:
Rock Band Blitz website
For more information on Rock Band Blitz, Rock Band 3 and Harmonix Music Systems please visit www.rockband.com and www.harmonixmusic.com.
Xbox LIVE is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and or other countries.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.