And on any good Cake list we have to include a single Weird Al track: Close But No Cigar
Granted, its not really Cake but a style parody, but once Cake covers it, it'll be included on the list...
"Close But No Cigar" would indeed be very fun to play. When I heard that song when the album first came out, it brought a big smile to my face. I know Weird Al has said before that he likes CAKE, but I never expected him to make a song in their style. I wonder what CAKE thinks about it.
"Granted, its not really Cake but a style parody, but once Cake covers it, it'll be included on the list... "
That makes me laugh! The way you worded it makes it seem (to me) as though every song is eventually going to be covered by CAKE. It's not too far of a stretch, though. I wonder what covers (if any) we'll see on their next studio album, which I cannot wait for! It's due out this year. :cool:
I added a poll! It's a more visible and tangible way of seeing the general demand for CAKE! :cool:
Of course, I still want everyone to vote for individual songs, too. That's the specific demand for CAKE!
Should I feel guilty bumping my own thread? Yeah, probably. But I don't. Here's my rationale:
- It's not my thread, it's our thread -- I just maintain it. :o
- I've devoted a lot of time working on this thread, and I feel I should breathe fresh air into it (bump it) at least once a day to encourage others to appreciate it.
- I want to keep this thread alive, instead of seeing more CAKE threads pop up. ;)
- I finally started rating some songs! I almost finished an entire album, too, but then the post ran out of room. (10,000 characters per post? Man, you think that's a lot until you try to tackle a thread like this.) Looks like including some lyrics for each song isn't gonna work... :mad:
- I'm going to bed now, when the rest of the world is waking up. So while I'm sleeping, you can be posting! And then I can wake up to the realization that there are lots of CAKE fans on the Rock Band forums.
That probably shouldn't keep my guilt at bay. But it does. :rolleyes:
Good night, rockers. See you tomorrow.
/me picks up picket sign
We Want Cake! We Want Cake!
Haha! Yeah, it's obvious John has a great sense of humor. I'm sure the other guys do, too.
EDIT: Alright, I've now got links to either music videos, live performances or MP3 samples for about 75% of their entire discography. No one should be voting for the third option...
I might download some other songs by them but I would for sure download "Commisioning a Symphony In C" in a second. (or however long the PS3 takes to download it :p)
I definitely want to see Cake in Rock Band. I would download ANY of their songs in a new york minute if they became available.
Here are my picks (Just going through the list of albums on my Foobar playlist):
Friend Is a Four Letter Word
I Will Survive
Italian Leather Sofa
Satan Is My Motor
Meanwhile, Rick James...
Short Skirt/Long Jacket
Commissioning A Symphony in C
Long Line of Cars
Love You Madly
Pretty Pink Ribbon
Basically, as far as an entire album pick would go, I'd say go for Comfort Eagle.
For 3-song packs, any combination of the bolded ones.
Of course, I wouldn't argue with *any* Cake song that may make it to the DLC status.
My favorite two Cake songs are "Daria" and "Jolene".
But no matter what songs they do, I'd like to get some crowd vocals on the DLC. The best part of playing Rock Band is when the crowd starts singing along, and Cake is some fun stuff to sing along to. Can you imagine playing one of the small venues and having the crowd belting out "Daaaa-ri-aaaa" in 5.1?