If you haven't heard of Child's Play, it's an awesome gaming related charity that benefits children in hospitals. The organization is supported in a huge way by the fine folks at Penny Arcade, a number of developer / community run fund raising events around the world (including Umloud in San Francisco which we just attended last week) and they're inches away from hitting their goal of raising 2 million dollars this year.
On Monday December 19th, we'll be taking donations for Child's Play by hosting what we've taken to calling the Harmonix Holiday Livestreamaganza. We'll be running a livestream from the Harmonix offices from 5-8pm EST on twitch.tv and there will be all manner of fun and games to keep everyone entertained. What can you expect during this holiday livestream? LOOK BELOW:
* Interviews / Q&A with Harmonix devs! You can actually get involved with the show RIGHT NOW by submitting questions below. We'll use the best questions on camera, call out your forum handle and you get the smug satisfaction of knowing you asked a better question than everyone else.
* Rock Band and Dance Central gameplay! Ever want to see an HMX dev sing Painkiller or dance for your amusement? This is your chance!
* Early DLC announcements! We'll be announcing upcoming DLC artists so tune in for a scoop!
* Other crazy announcements! There's some exceptionally rad stuff going on in the RB world beyond the DLC and we'll be talking about those things on the livestream for sure.
* DLC giveaways! We've got a mess of codes to give out (for both 360 and PS3), and you guys love free stuff. It's a perfect fit!
* Terrible holiday sweaters! What more could you ask for?
* On top of all that, this will all benefit an excellent charity so it's a great opportunity for all of us to have fun and do some good in the world at the same time.
So that's the quick rundown. We'll have more details in the next few days, so be sure to keep posted, submit questions below, share links with your friends, mark your calendars and tune in for a great cause. It should be a blast.
We'll see you on Monday!
The livestream blog post is up now! The stream won't start until 5pm EST but you can get the page ready, prepare questions for the chart and donate to Childs Play RIGHT NOW.