(Yeah, I know, there's already a thread in Band Wanted, but I figured that it's not gonna get enough hits if it's moved down to the bottom.)
Welcome to the (unlikely) 1st Rock Band 2 Nintendo Wii Expert Guitar Tournament Version 2.0!
Are you a super-awesome guitarist? Do you feel tired of attempting to prove in vain that you deserve to be called the BEST SHREDDER OF ALL TIME? Then sign up here!
Test your guitar skills against others from around the nation in a fierce, sweaty duel to the end! The one left standing at the end of this furious frenzy will be awarded the Crown of Unearthly Beauty (also plastic) and ETERNAL BRAGGING RIGHTS FOREVER!!!
(You know, since I probably can't airlift money to your house.)
Post your Friend Code and availiability here. The deadline is tonight, February 18, 2009, at 12:00 midnight EST.
Rules (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
1. Once the deadline passes, all current contestants will be paired up randomly and the tournament will begin.
2. Each competitor will play a Score Duel with their opponent on a random song. The winner of the Score Duel will move on to the next round.
3. A new thread will be posted soon after the deadline has passed. After a winner is decided per match, you must report in this new thread within 12 hours of your victory or loss. The report should include:
Failure to report will result in both players being disqualified.
4. Battles will be between 4-10 P.M EST each day after February 18. This time period will supposedly allow players to adjust their matches to their schedules. If this time needs to be altered, please post here.
5. Once you have entered yourself as a competitior, it is your responsibility to inform your opponent if any problems arise with your match time. It is recommended that all competitors check this thread often each day between the aforementioned time so that all matches run smoothly.
(RULES UPDATED) If in the case of a tournament including a certain number of people (like ten), in which the next round will contain an odd number of people (like five), the player who had the best overall performance in the previous round will be exempt from the next round. Songs, point scores and percentages will be taken into account to decide who gets the freebie.
(SECOND UPDATE) Since there are still some people who want to play, I have officially extended the deadline to 4:00 P.M. EST today, February 19th. After that, all matches will begin, so make sure that everyone who signed up shows up.
I'm on February Vacation from school, so I'll be on all week (hopefully) to make sure that the tournament is a success. Be sure to sign up by the deadline.
Oh, and no bass allowed. Sorry.
Contestants (so far):
EDIT:Okay, guys! Here's the matchups for now. They will be altered should any others sign up in the next four hours.
Sorry, folks. I had this nice laid-out sheet of matchups but the forum won't accept it 'cause it's too big. So I'll just post the battles here.
jmartineau97 VS. bradylicious9
LinkthePhantom VS. BowlingAli
cscwell107 VS. FlameChucks76
wiiownps3 VS. haytradyl33
HiroLord VS. Atomsk23
Gameguy1546 VS. alphadawg92
Lily_Mu VS. geeelo
pbam2112 VS. digiangel234
RBcole VS. cybermario96
casey_effing_dyer VS. zeldazeppelin