Ok folks, schiz asked me to put up a round of questions for you today so here it is. I avoided sticking to a particular theme, ie; The 70's, Drummers , Punk etc and went for a random trivia across the board. Narrowing my list of questions down to 10 was tough! I had come up with around 50 Have fun, hopefully at least a couple of these will make a few of you scratch your head. And remember...no wiki...Carl Palmer is watching.
Schiz, I love Bonus questions so any Bonus answer they give , provided they got the main answer correctly, I'm giving an extra point.
1. In 1979 UFO released a live album, what was it called? Bonus: Where was it recorded? Ridiculously Obscure Bonus: Who engineered the album and what album released years later made him famous as a producer?
2. Pearl Jam's Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament and Mudhoney's Mark Arm all played together in which band prior to the ones that made them famous?
3. This band covered The Beatles album Let It Be in its entirety. Name them. Bonus: They also released an EP containing 6 separate versions of a Rolling Stones song. Which song?
4. What superstar was the lead singer of the Manish Boys in 1965? Bonus: Who played the guitar solo on the Manish Boys only single, I Pity The Fool?
5. In 1971 this famous musician was pushed off the stage of The Rainbow Theater in London by the jealous boyfriend of a female fan, causing him to spend a year in a wheelchair. Name him.
6. What band featured, at one time or another, the following drummers: Aynsley Dunbar, Cozy Powell, Ian Paice, and Tommy Aldridge?
7. Though no longer together this Boston based band was together for 17 and a half years without a single lineup change. Who were they? Bonus: While in college the lead singer of this band roomed with a guy that went to be a famous film director. Name the director.
8. The song Life Fades Away was recorded by the late great Roy Orbison for the film Less Than Zero. With whom did he co-write the song?
9. True or False - Led Zeppelin's Over The Hills And Far Away had previously been done by Peter, Paul and Mary in 1963 and was a tradtional Irish drinking song. The Led Zep version claims Page/Plant as author.
10. Many bands debut album simply bear the name of the band as the title. The following is a list of bands who didn't do that. For a whopping 10 points name the band who made the album.
A) The Progressive Blues Experiment
B) Lonesome Crow
C) England's Newest Hit Makers
D) Vincebus Eruptum
E) Land Speed Record
F) Rising Force
G) Sorry Ma, Forgot To Take Out The Trash
I) Killing Is My Busines...And Business Is Good!
J) Group Sex
K) Pretties For You
L) The Scream
M) Live Like A Suicide
N) The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn