I hear this one a lot. So I figure why not...I'll go ahead and prove them all wrong. I apologize in advance, as most of this is duplicate stuff that I've already posted where it belongs. But since I've gotten a number of requests, here's my list of "grievances" so to speak with the current RB set up.I know you have to be a contrarian about anything that you view is negative towards HMX...
- No voxtar option. My main band in RB1 went through entirely voxtar'd. I think I developed schizophrenia. This would be an especially cool option for such songs as "Losing My Religion" or "Polly".
- Only one vocalist per band. I would love to be able to have a male and female vocalist assigned so my lead singer doesn't have to hike up his pants to try and hit some of those notes in "Call Me".
- No Bass Career score. Makes it tough to track progress. I know part of this is because guitar is single quickplay option (only picking bass/lead once the songs are selected)...but with no official "career" for each instrument it seems like an odd exclusion.
- Only one outfit per character. I have my main band, but I take my characters online a lot too. I've been requesting the ability to store at least one or two alt. costumes so my characters can be better tailored to bands I frequent that aren't their "actual band".
- No ability to change eye color. What...we can change our hair color on the fly but can't buy colored contacts?
- No ability to tweak character information once the character is created. This is especially annoying when there's no actual measurements provided with the sliders. I make one character one height, but if I want to make another one and forgot the settings for the previous one I have nothing to base the design on. This leads to my bassist turning out taller than my drummer...who was supposed to be a "hulk" of sorts.
- No "Recording studio" portion of World Tour. I know we can't make our own music, but why couldn't my band record an album using songs available in game? Considering the focus on building money (And the different challenges added this time around), why not have a step along the way recording an album and distributing it for revenue? Heck, you could link it to RB.com...which would help us better show off the style we've come up with for the band.
- When I'm creating my bandmembers...why can't a select "handedness". What if I want to have a southpaw bassist?
- Why is there an audience when I record a music video?
- The ability to remove (or at least hide) bands and characters from RB.com that I've since deleted. I know HMX has said these are retained for their own records...but I should be able to tweak some settings in my profile and hid from public view those bands and characters that literally do not exist anymore.
Do any of these look familiar? Of course they do. Because they're things that get brought up all the time. That's why those who claim I never complain never see me complain...because there's no point in me saying anything more. It's all been said...and it's all where it belongs.
I'm sure there's more...but I think this gets my points across. This'll likely get closed, but that's fine...as I can just link to I get "called out" on being "one of those posters" again.