I thought of something today while listening to Day & Age by The Killers, it was that while going through The Killers' discography, I noticed that this band seems to be like the modern version of The Beatles. That may seem way off-key as The Beatles are considered by most people as the most influential band to ever exist while The Killers are just a slightly famous alternative rock band.
This thread in no way is my request for an actual The Killers: Rock Band because they are definitely not as deserving as say, The Who, Led Zeppelin, or even Nirvana for that matter, however I felt like making a thread to get my point across that The Killers seem to be like the modern Beatles for these reasons:
1) They start off as a popular pop rock band that explodes onto charts with songs like Somebody Told Me, All These Things That I've Done, and Mr. Brightside, which are all major hits with a large amount of the female music listening audience.
2) During their Hot Fuss era, all four members of the band seem like a cute, young, and friendly boy band, writing many songs about relationships and love, much like The Beatles in their first couple years together.
3) The Sam's Town era shows the band growing up a little, and their songs having more of a deeper meaning to them, making them seem more mature and targeting more of the male audience.
4) The Sawdust era shows a darker side to The Killers with songs like Tranquilize, Move Away, All The Pretty Faces, and Daddy's Eyes. Also covering a song already considered dark, Shadowplay, didn't seem like the type of song the band could pull off but they did, and very well at that.
5) The Day & Age era, mostly like The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper era, shows the band writing some songs that have little to no meaning at all if any, some of the songs like Human, Spaceman, and This Is Your Life making no sense at all. On top of that, the band's appearance also changes dramatically. All four members now sport full beards and a large amount of facial hair, and their music videos (Read My Mind, and Spaceman specifically) are just weird.
Can we expect a new album by this band to be like The Beatles' Let It Be? Slow songs with plenty of meaning? This is just my strange theory that I've noticed over the years. Anyways, onto the totally random aspect of this thread because I'm really bored, I'll tier every Killers' song (on a scale of difficulty between 0-6) and post videos of each song. Maybe this can act as the Rock Band forums' Killers' database. Tell me what you think of the tiering and if it's accurate at all.
Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine [G- 3 B- 4 D- 4 V- 5]
Mr. Brightside [G- 3 B- 1 D- 6 V- 1]
Smile Like You Mean It [G- 2 B- 0 D- 3 V- 0]
Somebody Told Me [G- 1 B- 3 D- 4 V- 0]
All These Things That I've Done [G- 2 B- 1 D- 3 V- 3]
Andy, You're A Star [G- 0 B- 0 D- 1 V- 0]
On Top [G- 2 B- 0 D- 5 V- 0]
Change Your Mind [G- 1 B- 3 D- 5 V- 0]
Believe Me Natalie [G- 1 B- 0 D- 4 V- 2]
Midnight Show [G- 3 B- 4 D- 4 V- 4]
Everything Will Be Alright [G- 1 B- NO PART D- 1 V- 4]
Sam's Town [G- 4 B- 2 D- 5 V- 5]
When You Were Young [G- 2 B- 2 D- 4 V- 2]
Bling (Confession of a King) [G- 2 B- 4 D- 3 V- 3]
For Reasons Unknown [G- 2 B- 2 D- 3 V- 6]
Read My Mind [G- 3 B- 0 D- 3 V- 2]
Uncle Jonny [G- 3 B- 4 D- 2 V- 3]
Bones [G- 4 B- 0 D- 4 V- 3]
My List [G- 1 B- 0 D- 1 V- 2]
This River Is Wild [G- 3 B- 3 D- 4 V- 5]
Why Do I Keep Counting? [G- 1 B- 2 D- 3 V- 4]
Tranquilize [G- 4 B- 4 D- 3 V- 2]
Shadowplay [G- 2 B- 5 D- 4 V- 0]
All The Pretty Faces [G- 1 B- 3 D- 5 V- 3]
Leave The Bourbon On The Shelf [G- 2 B- 3 D- 3 V- 3]
Sweet Talk [G- 1 B- 4 D- 5 V- 6]
Under The Gun [G- 4 B- 5 D- 5 V- 4]
Where The White Boys Dance [G- 2 B- 4 D- 5 V- 3]
Show You How [G- 1 B- 1 D- 3 V- 2]
Move Away [G- 5 B- 6 D- 6 V- 6]
Glamorous Indie Rock and Roll [G- 2 B- 1 D- 3 V- 6]
Who Let You Go? [G- 0 B- 0 D- 3 V- 2]
The Ballad of Michael Valentine [G- 0 B- 1 D- 3 V- 1]
Ruby, Don't Take You Love To Town [G- 5 B- 5 D- 5 V- 1]
Daddy's Eyes [G- 4 B- 4 D- 5 V- 2]
Sam's Town (Abbey Road Version) [G- 1 B- 1 D- 1 V- 6]
Romeo and Juliet [G- 0 B- 0 D- 0 V- 1]
Day & Age
Losing Touch [G- 2 B- 5 D- 4 V- 3]
Human [G- 1 B- 1 D- 4 V- 5]
Spaceman [G- 0 B- 1 D- 4 V- 4]
Joy Ride [G- 1 B- 3 D- 3 V- 1]
A Dustland Fairytale [G- 0 B- 0 D- 3 V- 3]
This Is Your Life [G- 0 B- 4 D- 4 V- 4]
I Can't Stay [G- 0 B- 1 D- 2 V- 3]
Neon Tiger [G- 2 B- 3 D- 3 V- 1]
The World We Live In [G- 0 B- 0 D- 3 V- 5]
Goodnight, Travel Well [G- 2 B- 1 D- 3 V- 6]
Where Is She? [G- 2 B- 5 D- 5 V- 3]
A Great Big Sled [G- 2 B- 0 D- 4 V- 5]
Don't Shoot Me Santa [G- 1 B- 1 D- 4 V- 6]
Joseph, Better You Than Me [G- 0 B- 0 D- 2 V- 6]
Wrote all that in under 3 hours! Woo!