I know, I just made a setlist called V6 a few weeks back, but there was a lot of problems with Guitar Hero repeats, so I made another list with less GH songs and incorporated a year's worth of DLC. Here we go!
1.) No Led Zeppelin, unfortunately. Unless Jimmy Page changes his mind about Rock Band, we’re not getting them any time soon.
2.) Since we don’t know much about the contracts, I decided that bands so far exclusive to Guitar Hero (i.e. Aerosmith, Metallica, Van Halen) are fair game to be used on this list.
3.) Less songs. In previous versions I had up to 150 songs, which is a little unreasonable. I included only 133 this time around.
Regarding DLC, I decided to put on this thread instead of a separate one to avoid confusion. Remember that if your favorite song or band in the world isn’t on this list, it may appear in the DLC! So just keep this in mind when commenting and rating.
Rock Band 3 New Features:
- No more Wii descrimination!: Uses Guitar Hero's method of saving DLC to one spot to let Wii users download as much DLC as they want, along with SDHC compatibility. Also uses Guitar Hero's exportation system so that Wii users can export songs like Xbox 360 and PS3 users. And finally, there is now a way for Wii to receive patches through the Wii Shop Channel.
- Playable characters: Elvis Presley, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, The Who (all members), The Rolling Stones (all members), The White Stripes (all members). Characters are exclusive to their songs. More coming as DLC.
- Real-Life Venues: House Of Blues, Hard Rock Café, Woodstock, Hyde Park, Royal Albert Hall, Wembley Arena. More coming as DLC.
- Dreamscapes included on applicable songs.
- 20 free song downloads (that you get to choose from launch DLC).
- Playlist creator similar to iTunes’ Genius- Choose a song and it makes a playlist of other songs that are similar/go well with it. Also recommends songs to download.
- Band Career replaces Band World Tour. More in-depth, hiring different staff, request certain locations to play in, recording sessions, shooting videos, custom album and single covers and more.
- Drop In/Out mode similar to Guitar Hero 5.
- Multiple vocalists - duets, backing vocals, harmonies
- Players can appear as singing and playing an instrument at the same time.
- After unpausing, a 3 second count in so that people can get their hands ready again.
- Sort by stars in quickplay and tour modes.
- When someone disconnects in the middle of a song online, the rest of the band keeps playing, and doesn’t just fail.
- Sort songs by most played, stars, date added.
- When switching to see bass scores, it also organizes by bass difficulty.
- Jukebox Mode – Choose band, venue, and a song set, and watch them play.
- DLC filter in online mode.
- More detailed character creation, not just height, weight, and clothes.
- In-game access to RockBand.com.
- Special Edition comes with a mike stand to play an instrument while singing.
- Import all Rock Band songs, including track packs for free.
Rock Band 3 Songlist:
50's Songs (3 Songs)
That'll Be The Day - Buddy Holly (1957, Rock ‘n’ Roll)
Johnny B. Goode – Chuck Berry (1958, Rock ‘n’ Roll)
Jailhouse Rock – Elvis Presley (1957, Rock ‘n’ Roll)
60's Songs (15 Songs)
Whipping Post - The Allman Brothers Band (1969, Southern Rock)
House Of The Rising Sun – The Animals (1964, Classic Rock)
Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys (1967, Classic Rock)
Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan (1965, Classic Rock)
I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better – The Byrds (1965, Classic Rock)
White Room – Cream (1968, Rock)
Break On Through (To The Other Side) – The Doors (1967, Rock)
All Along The Watchtower – The Jimi Hendrix Experience (1968, Classic Rock)
Folsom Prison Blues (Live) - Johnny Cash (1968, Country)
Shangri-La – The Kinks (1969, Pop Rock)
Jumpin' Jack Flash – The Rolling Stones (1968, Classic Rock)
Born To Be Wild – Steppenwolf (1968, Rock)
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison (1967, Classic Rock)
I Can See For Miles – The Who (1967, Classic Rock)
Time Of The Season - The Zombies (1968, Pop Rock)
70's Songs (32 Songs)
It’s A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock ‘n’ Roll) – AC/DC (1976, Hard Rock)
Sweet Emotion – Aerosmith (1975, Rock)
No More Mr. Nice Guy – Alice Cooper (1973, Glam)
You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet – Bachman-Turner Overdrive (1974, Classic Rock)
Stayin’ Alive – Bee Gees (1977, Pop Rock)
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - Black Sabbath (1973, Metal)
Heart Of Glass – Blondie (1979, Pop Rock)
Born To Run – Bruce Springsteen (1975, Classic Rock)
Surrender – Cheap Trick (1978, Rock)
London Calling – The Clash (1979, Punk)
Proud Mary – Creedence Clearwater Revival (1969, Southern Rock)
Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie (1972, Glam)
Stormbringer – Deep Purple (1974, Hard Rock)
Layla – Derek And The Dominoes (1970, Classic Rock)
Sultans Of Swing – Dire Straits (1978, Rock)
Hotel California - Eagles (1976, Classic Rock)
Cocaine - Eric Clapton (1977, Classic Rock)
The Chain – Fleetwood Mac (1977, Classic Rock)
What Is Life – George Harrison (1970, Rock)
Crazy On You – Heart (1976, Rock)
Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress) – The Hollies (1972, Rock)
Wheel In The Sky – Journey (1978, Classic Rock)
I Was Made For Lovin’ You – KISS (1979, Classic Rock)
Saturday Night Special – Lynyrd Skynyrd (1975, Southern Rock)
Southern Man - Neil Young (1970, Rock)
Money – Pink Floyd (1973, Classic Rock)
Sheena Is A Punk Rocker – The Ramones (1977, Punk)
Black Magic Woman – Santana (1970, Classic Rock)
God Save The Queen – The Sex Pistols (1976, Punk)
Venus – Television (1977, Rock)
Hold The Line – Toto (1978, Rock)
Roundabout – Yes (1972, Prog)
80's Songs (24 Songs)
Indians – Anthrax (1987, Metal)
Burnin’ For You – Blue Oyster Cult (1981, Rock)
Touch Of Grey – Grateful Dead (1987, Classic Rock)
Paradise City – Guns N Roses (1987, Metal)
Flight Of Icarus - Iron Maiden (1983, Metal)
Love Will Tear Us Apart – Joy Division (1980, Alternative)
Master Of Puppets – Metallica (1986, Metal)
Live Wire – Motley Crue (1982, Metal)
I Don’t Know – Ozzy Osbourne (1980, Metal)
Where Is My Mind? – Pixies (1988, Alternative)
De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da - The Police (1980, Pop Rock)
Let’s Go Crazy – Prince (1984, Rock)
Hammer To Fall – Queen (1984, Classic Rock)
It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) – R.E.M. (1987, Alternative)
Rock Box - Run D.M.C. (1984, Urban)
The Spirit Of Radio - Rush (1980, Prog)
No One Like You – Scorpions (1982, Hard Rock)
Angel Of Death – Slayer (1986, Metal)
Waterfall - The Stone Roses (1989, Rock)
Burning Down The House – Talking Heads (1983, New Wave)
We’re Not Gonna Take It – Twisted Sister (1984, Hard Rock)
Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2 (1983, Rock)
Panama – Van Halen (1984, Hard Rock)
Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top (1983, Rock)
90's Songs (22 Songs)
Angry Chair – Alice In Chains (1992, Grunge)
Dreams – The Cranberries (1992, Pop Rock)
Friday I’m In Love - The Cure (1992, Rock)
Personal Jesus – Depeche Mode (1990, New Wave)
Pull Me Under - Dream Theater (1992, Prog)
Waltz No. 2 (XO) - Elliott Smith (1998, Indie Rock)
Basket Case – Green Day (1994, Punk)
Nightcrawler - Judas Priest (1990, Metal)
Black Or White - Michael Jackson (1991, Pop Rock)
Heart Shaped Box – Nirvana (1993, Grunge)
Slide Away – Oasis (1994, Rock)
Cut Your Hair - Pavement (1994, Pop Rock)
Daughter – Pearl Jam (1993, Grunge)
Unskinny Bop – Poison (1990, Metal)
Paranoid Android – Radiohead (1997, Alternative)
Sleep Now In The Fire – Rage Against The Machine (1999, Nu-Metal)
Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers (1999, Alternative)
Geek USA – Smashing Pumpkins (1993, Rock)
Rusty Cage – Soundgarden (1992, Grunge)
Learning To Fly – Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers (1991, Rock)
Lucky Man - The Verve (1997, Rock)
Surf Wax America - Weezer (1994, Rock)
00's Songs (37 Songs)
This Could Be Anywhere In The World - Alexisonfire (2006, Rock)
Happy Endings– All American Rejects (2003, Emo)
Feel Good Drag - Anberlin (2008, Alternative)
We Want Fun - Andrew W.K. (2002, Rock)
Keep The Car Running – Arcade Fire (2007, Alternative)
I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor – Arctic Monkeys (2005, Alternative)
Unholy Confessions – Avenged Sevenfold (2003, Metal)
Swallow The Razor - Bang Camaro (2009, Hard Rock)
River Below – Billy Talent (2003, Punk)
It's My Life – Bon Jovi (2000, Rock)
Four Winds – Bright Eyes (2007, Indie Rock)
7/4 (Shoreline) – Broken Social Scene (2005, Alternative)
Ain't No Rest For The Wicked - Cage The Elephant (2008, Indie Rock)
Talk – Coldplay (2005, Alternative)
Funny The Way It Is – Dave Mathews Band (2009, Rock)
Cath… - Death Cab For Cutie (2008, Rock)
Ten Thousand Fists – Disturbed (2005, Nu Metal)
Ohio Is For Lovers – Hawthorne Heights (2004, Emo)
Somebody Told Me - The Killers (2004, Rock)
The Bucket – Kings Of Leon (2005, Rock)
Numb – Linkin Park (Meteora, 2003, Rock)
Blood And Thunder – Mastodon (2004, Metal)
Dead Disco – Metric (2003, Alternative)
Dashboard – Modest Mouse (2007, Indie Rock)
Supermassive Black Hole – Muse (2006, Alternative)
I’m Amazed – My Morning Jacket (2008, Alternative)
Harvest – Opeth (2001, Prog)
Trains – Porcupine Tree (2002, Prog)
Life Less Frightening – Rise Against (2004, Punk)
Brother Down – Sam Roberts (2003, Indie Rock)
Lightning Blue Eyes - Secret Machines (2005, Rock)
Sound Of Madness – Shinedown (2009, Nu Metal)
Caring Is Creepy – The Shins (2001, Indie Rock)
Checkered Floor - Silversun Pickups (2006, Indie Rock)
Engines – Snow Patrol (2008, Pop Rock)
Someday – The Strokes (2002, Rock)
Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes (2003, Rock)
Green denotes release as standard DLC.
Red denotes release on RBN.
Yellow denotes release on a seperate game.