There has been somewhere around 10-15 people making complaints. That doesn't comprise a "large portion" of the PS3 owners on this board or otherwise. Another miswording? Your attacks against the PS3 users are unwelcome. If the complaints of a small portion of the PS3 users on this site bother you so much that you feel the need to lash out at all or a large portion of them, maybe you need to take a break.
It's means it is.
"You are cool, bigmf." - TheStuddz
There is a big difference in a Engine and a Distribution network. And that is what XNA is, a Distribution network. Simplified it that way I wouldnt have to go into a 3 page discription of the 2 .
Tiger Uppercut: Platinum Artist | Expert: G/B | Hard: D/V
Song Count: 831 | Newest: "Great Balls of Fire" & "Dog Days Are Over"
Harmonix is not charting and releasing these RBN songs themselves. It's happening through XNA.
Wanting Harmonix to develop a version of XNA for Sony is unrealistic and idiotic. If there was only Xbox Live and no PSN you'd be crying at Harmonix to create an online service for Sony.
I do like your use of the word disenfranchise, though. Makes me picture Harmonix employees rounding up PS3, taking away their right to vote and putting them in camps.
Whew, glad I never asked for that!Wanting Harmonix to develop a version of XNA for Sony is unrealistic and idiotic.
Nope.If there was only Xbox Live and no PSN you'd be crying at Harmonix to create an online service for Sony.
I think this fits:I do like your use of the word disenfranchise, though. Makes me picture Harmonix employees rounding up PS3, taking away their right to vote and putting them in camps.
Would it have been so hard for HMX to include a blurb in the Zine along the lines of:to deprive of a franchise, of a legal right, or of some privilege or immunity
Sorry, Rock Band Network is only available for the XBOX platform at this time. We're looking at bringing it to the PS3 and Wii in the future, and we'll make Rock Band Network content available to these platforms soon.
Last edited by Sparge; 03-06-2010 at 04:27 PM.
^Correct me if I'm wrong, but they're not bringing RBN to PS3/Wii. They're bringing a portion of it's content.
Not removing this until Oscar-rio gets a sex-change!!
Sigh. I don't know or care if they're thinking about making RBN available on other platforms.
OK, how about:
Sorry, Rock Band Network is only available for the XBOX platform. We will make Rock Band Network content available to the Playstation 3 and Wii platforms soon.
The point is, HMX did a poor job of communicating to whom RBN was "open for business".
Ok. Let me just throw this out there.
1. Yes HMX did a poor job in explaining. They didn't lie, they just didn't tell the whole truth. But that is also what every business does so they can drum up interest in their product.
2. You guys should probably just stop complaining about it. I have a launch PS3. I was very excited about PS3 from day one, and yes I have recieved the shaft from game developers from the beginning. But its not just HMX. Its Sony aswell.
3. We also have no proof that HMX didn't intend on releasing it on PSN also, and Sony put the halt on it. There is an approval process that MS has decided to allow you to bypass. Sony has not. Hence why we have to wait for everything. We know there is no XNA equal on the PS3. How do we know that HMX didn't start making something for us, and Sony told them NO.
4. The complaining needs to stop, very few people in the gaming community are open minded enough to see both sides of the arguement. Thats why you get so many people telling you how their Xbox system can compete with a PS3. People don't understand how much stronger the PS3 system is. Yet they still argue about how the Xbox can do anything the PS3 can do, which we know is not even close to being true. (if your one of those people, don't even bother flaming until you have actually looked up the specs of both systems.)
5. I also agree that it sucks getting the shaft, but maybe we should start pointing in the direction of Sony. And leave the microsoft people alone. In their years and years of devolpment, they have had a couple successes. the Xbox, XNA and Windows 7. How many failed experiments do they have. Let them have something to be happy about. We all know down the road they are gonna screw something up royally. Look at Project Natal. It looks amazing, but the only thing available to be seen right now is a video of what they want it to do. While the PS3 Motion controller had a LIVE demo of what it DOES already. I hope Natal is as amazing as it looks. But leave it to microsoft to screw it up.
Last edited by frevreagle; 03-06-2010 at 04:45 PM.
RB1/Lego/Green Day/ 200+ DLC
"I play Bass because I like it, not because I can't play lead."
This isn't something they just sprung on people.
It's even mentioned in the RBN opening announcement.
They're not shafting PS3 users as Harmonix will be bringing tracks over to the PSN.