In a very unscientific poll at Rockband.com/forums the participants of the forums were asked to vote for their favorite Rock Band Network (RBN) song for each of the four weeks beginning with the opening of the RBN store through March 26. The top songs for this time period were:
Band Camaro – “Push Push (Lady Lightning)”
Flogging Molly – “Drunken Lullabies”
The B.O.L.T. – “Genius”
Marillion – “Whatever Is Wrong With You”
Quartered – “Africa”
Flight of the Conchords – “The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room)”
James William Roy – “Shiny Dark Bar”
Drowning Pool – “Bodies”
The Cliks – “Dirty King”
Third Eye Blind – “Semi-Charmed Life '09”
Damone – “Roll the Dice”
Symbion Project – “Synthesized”
Tijuana Sweetheart – “Trash Candy”
Now, using the same voting method, which song from the first four weeks was the song of the month?
For those not familiar with the voting method, here are the instructions:
This is for public vote of the best song from the week, but because the polling system on these forums is limited to ten entries we are going to be forced to do this manually. Only songs listed on Noble’s “RBN New Release Thread” will be included.
1) Copy the songs from the previous post and, if necessary, add the song you want to vote for to your post.
2) Delete the notation from the previous poster that shows which song they added “1” to, signifying which song they voted for.
3) At the end of the song title: Add a “+1” showing which song you’re voting for. Add or change to total count after and “=” sign to show the total amount of votes that song has received.
4) Reorder the songs that have received a vote in order by the total number of votes received. And then by Artist Name for those who have the same number of votes.
5) Check to see if someone was posting at the same time and got their post in first, if so, please edit your post and add in their votes also.
Post #2 (first post will be a list of songs, person replying will add their choice and put “1” out from it)
Post #3 (copies previous post, deleted previous poster’s “+1” and adds their own choice)Bif Naked – Sick +1 = 1
Post #4 (copies previous post, and since this person agrees with the author of the third post just adds “1” to the total. Then the person will rearrange list to put highest number at the top)Bif Naked – Sick = 1
Dear and the Headlights - Talk About +1= 1
Post #5 (Adds another new song. Since this song will have one vote and is alphabetically higher than the song already listed it is placed in the middle)Dear and the Headlights - Talk About +1 = 2
Bif Naked – Sick = 1
Please vote for one song onlyDear and the Headlights - Talk About = 2
Amberian Dawn - He Sleeps in a Grove +1 = 1
Bif Naked – Sick = 1