HARMONIX, MTV GAMES REINVENT MUSIC GAMES WITH ROCK BAND™3
Rock Band 3 Features Announced, including amazing soundtrack plus access to the most music available in any video game with more than 1,500 tracks and growing; new keyboard gameplay and three-part harmonies for up to seven players rocking together; Rock Band Pro Mode and much more!
CAMBRIDGE, MA and NEW YORK – June 11, 2010 – Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game developer and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B) today announced features for Rock Band™3, the next generation of the ultimate social and interactive music gaming platform.
Featuring an incredible 83-song setlist and access to far more music than any other music game, as well as innovative new gameplay modes and instruments, Rock Band 3 will change the way fans think about and play music games. This next iteration in the Rock Band platform has something new for everyone and also supports traditional Rock Band gameplay with players’ existing instruments.
The Most Music. Period.
The Rock Band 3 disc soundtrack contains 83 of the best bands from around the world, including bands that have never appeared in a music game, as well as support for existing Rock Band tracks (Rock Band and Rock Band 2 discs, downloaded songs, track packs, AC/DC Live: Rock Band™ Track Pack, LEGO® Rock Band and Green Day: Rock Band™).
Additionally, Rock Band 3 will give players immediate access to a music library approaching 2,000 songs by launch, with new content added regularly. Rock Band’s gigantic music selection dwarfs that of any other music game on the market.
• Amy Winehouse - “Rehab”
• At the Drive-In - “One Armed Scissor”
• Avenged Sevenfold - “The Beast & the Harlot”
• Dover - “King George”
• The Bronx - “False Alarm”
• The Flaming Lips - “Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1”
• HIM (His Infernal Majesty) - “Killing Loneliness”
• Hypernova - “Viva La Resistance”
• Ida Maria - “Oh My God”*
• Juanes - “Me Enamora”
• Metric - “Combat Baby”*
• Paramore - “Misery Business”*
• Phoenix - “Lasso”*
• Poni Hoax - “Antibodies”
• Pretty Girls Make Graves - “Something Bigger, Something Brighter”
• Queens of the Stone Age - “No One Knows”
• The Ravonettes - “Last Dance”
• Rilo Kiley - “Portions for Foxes”*
• Riverboat Gamblers - “Don't Bury Me...I'm Still Not Dead”
• Slipknot - “Before I Forget”
• The Sounds - “Living in America”
• Tegan & Sara - “The Con”
• Them Crooked Vultures - “Dead End Friends”
• Tokio Hotel - “Humanoid”*
• The Vines - “Get Free”*
• The White Stripes - “The Hardest Button to Button”*
• Faith No More - “Midlife Crisis”*
• Filter - “Hey Man, Nice Shot”
• Jane’s Addiction - “Been Caught Stealing”*
• Maná - “Oye Mi Amor”
• Marilyn Manson - “The Beautiful People”
• The Muffs - “Outer Space”
• Phish - “Llama”
• Primus - “Jerry Was a Racecar Driver”
• Rammstein - “Du Hast”
• Smash Mouth, “Walkin’ On The Sun”*
• Spacehog - “In the Meantime”
• Stone Temple Pilots - “Plush”
• Swingin’ Utters - “This Bastard’s Life”
• Anthrax - “Caught in a Mosh”
• Big Country - “In a Big Country”
• The Cure - “Just Like Heaven”*
• Def Leppard - “Foolin’”
• Devo - “Whip It”
• Dio - “Rainbow in the Dark”
• Dire Straits - “Walk of Life”
• Echo & the Bunnymen - “The Killing Moon”
• Huey Lewis and the News - “The Power of Love”
• INXS - “Need You Tonight”*
• J. Geils Band - “Centerfold”
• Joan Jett - “I Love Rock N’ Roll”*
• Night Ranger - “Sister Christian”*
• Ozzy Osbourne - “Crazy Train”*
• The Police - “Don’t Stand So Close to Me”
• Roxette - “The Look”*
• The Smiths - “Stop Me if You Think You’ve Heard This One Before”
• Tears for Fears - “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”
• Whitesnake - “Here I Go Again”*
• The B-52’s - “Rock Lobster”*
• Blondie - “Heart of Glass”
• Bob Marley - “Get Up, Stand Up”
• Chicago - “25 or 6 to 4”
• Deep Purple - “Smoke on the Water”
• Doobie Brothers - “China Grove”*
• Elton John - “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting”
• Foreigner - “Cold As Ice”*
• Golden Earring - “Radar Love”
• John Lennon - “Imagine”
• Lynyrd Skynyrd - “Free Bird”
• Queen - “Bohemian Rhapsody”*
• Ramones - “I Wanna Be Sedated”
• Steve Miller Band - “Fly Like an Eagle”
• T. Rex - “20th Century Boy”
• Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - “I Need to Know”
• War - “Low Rider”
• Warren Zevon - “Werewolves of London”
• Yes - “Roundabout”*
• Beach Boys - “Good Vibrations (Live)”
• David Bowie - “Space Oddity”
• The Doors - “Break on Through (To the Other Side)”*
• James Brown - “I Got You" (I Feel Good) – Alternate Studio Version*
• The Jimi Hendrix Experience - “Crosstown Traffic”*
• The Who - “I Can See for Miles”
Redesigned Library for Better Music Management
Rock Band 3 allows players to create and save setlists and share them with friends, both in-game and through RockBand.com. New song filters make it easier to find the types of songs fans want to play and hide the songs they don’t, while a built-in song recommendation system will suggest tracks from Rock Band’s colossal music library, based on personal fan preference.
Expand the Band
In addition to guitar, bass, drums and solo vocals, Rock Band 3 adds three-part vocal harmonies that were introduced with The Beatles™: Rock Band™ and, for the first time ever, a keyboard peripheral to the band. Up to seven players can rock together for the ultimate social gaming experience.
Go Pro: Play Just for Fun or Rock for Real with Rock Band Pro
Rock Band 3 empowers players to develop actual musical skills through the fun of fully scalable Rock Band Pro gameplay. Fans can dive in on Easy to try out basic skills and work their way up to Expert for real mastery.
• Pro Drums supports three expansion cymbals, with gameplay differentiation between toms and cymbals.
• Pro Keys features pitch-accurate keyboard performance across a two-octave range, displayed on an easy-to-read keyboard track.
• Pro Guitar features notated guitar and bass performances, available for play with either the new Fender™ Mustang™
PRO-Guitar™ simulated guitar controller from Mad Catz or the Rock Band 3 Squier® by Fender Stratocaster® Guitar Controller that is a real guitar/controller hybrid. The Rock Band 3 Squier Stratocaster is a fully functional, full-sized, six-string electric guitar that also functions as a game controller.
Something for Everyone (New Gameplay Modes!)
For the casual player, Rock Band 3 has great new party modes that allow fans to get rocking with friends quicker than ever, including party shuffle and persistent drop-in/drop-out and difficulty selection from any gameplay screen. For the serious player, the revamped Career Mode features 700+ goals and rewards and seamless leaderboard integration for an endlessly deep campaign experience. Rock Band 3 also adds a suite of social networking tools to the game so fans can engage friends and fellow rockers over Facebook, Twitter and more. Whether players want to jump in for a quick song or take their band to the top, Rock Band 3 has a mode for everyone.
Developed by Harmonix, the world’s premier music videogame company, published by MTV Games, and distributed by distribution partner Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), Rock Band 3 will ship simultaneously worldwide this Holiday 2010 in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii™ system from Nintendo, and Nintendo DS™. Rock Band 3 will be compatible with all Rock Band and The Beatles: Rock Band peripherals, as well as most third-party instrument and microphone controllers. Mad Catz is the official peripheral manufacturer and distributor for Rock Band game controllers.
The Rock Band platform stands next to none in music content, with more than 1,500 songs already available from more than 400 artists, including Jimi Hendrix, The Who, AC/DC and Green Day, who are exclusive to Rock Band. With more choices for fans than any other music-based videogame, Rock Band is, without question, the industry leader in providing the best selection of interactive musical content, songs and artists. Rock Band pioneered offering content in a variety of ways, through on-disc gameplay, game export, downloadable content and the Rock Band Network. The Rock Band platform allows fans to interact with their favorite music in a unique and hands-on way, as well as giving artists the ability to reach fans through a whole new channel.
For more information on Rock Band 3, art and video assets, please visit http://www.rockband.com/press.