With a past success of Rock Band tournaments at the convention A&G Ohio, National Qualifying Complimentary Breakfast have partnered with NGA Gaming
to bring you a mega CASH TOURNAMENT for you Rock Band fanatics.
The logistics are currently still in the final stages, and more information regarding on what exact day and time the tournament will be held on will be posted as soon as it is finalized within the coming weeks.
The final draft of the rules and costs are currently below, we are still throwing around the idea of PRO Drums being allowed, although there is some debate onto the balance of the tournament. As I said, any changes will be brought to your attention immediately.
For more information on A&G Ohio itself and badge prices, here is the convention's site: AandGOhio.com We hope to hear some input from you the players! This is, after all, a player's tournament (and a fantastic weekend of entertainment to boot)!
- Teams of 4 (Solo Vocals)
- No Pro Mode
- No Keys (Classic RB Game Play)
- Songs Allowed: On-Disk Songs of RB1, RB2, and RB3
- Seeding will take place anytime before the tournament.
- Single Elimination: Best of 3 songs (Played Simultaneously) (3rd song random)
- Highest Score wins the Song
- In the event of a tie, highest average percentage wins the song.
- Coin Flip determines song choice order
- - Finals: Best of 5 songs
- Speak to a Game Room staffer and ask him/her that you would like to qualify for the tournament.
- Your buy-in is due before you begin your qualification.
- A running list will be kept of all scores, and will be used to seed teams for the single elimination tournament.
- Any team not able to make it in time to be seeded will be seeded last.
- Song drafting begins promptly at 1:30
Song Selection Rules
- Songs will be "Drafted" before the first match.
-Song selection will "snake" between registered teams until each team has 7 songs.
- Once a song has been drafted, it is eliminated from the selection pool.
- Teams may use each drafted song only once during the tournament.
- A song cannot be played twice in the same series.
- Entrance Fee: $40/ team
- Registration time and date: Friday (Mar 17th) all day, and Saturday (Mar. 18th) morning in the game room. Start time of the tournament is PROMPTLY 1:30 PM.
- Prizes: %80 of entrance fees for 1st place; %20 for 2nd place
- Prelim Rounds to take place in Game Room
- Finals in Atrium Stage
If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message on the forums! Thanks and See you in March 2011!