so here's the series of events for me, every time a song comes out that i authored...
1. receive email that song has been approved (and believe me, once this happens, there's no stopping steps 2-7).
2. get overly excited and go to error420 and start repeatedly pressing f5.
3. purchase song.
4. play song, of course.
5. think to self, "i can do better than that"
6. repeat 4 and 5 until satisfied with score.
7. realize i'm the only person on the leaderboard since the song has only been out for an hour or so.
that's not to say my scores are particularly impressive or unbeatable; it just seems like it might be tacky to purchase a RBN song, check the leaderboard and see that the author is #1 already. like they have an advantage because they authored it (maybe a slight advantage, since all the playtesting counts as practice).
anyway, what do you guys think?