As HMXHenry alluded to in his post from December 2 (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210000), we’ve been working on a new title update for Rock Band 3, and I’m very happy to announce that it is currently live on Xbox 360, and should be hitting on PS3 in US and Europe within 24 hours. We'll update when we know for sure the PS3 update is live. (Before you ask: Unfortunately, we’re not able to update titles on the Wii system, so this does not apply to Rock Band 3 for the Wii.)
In addition to numerous bug fixes and tweaks, possibly the most exciting component of this new title update is the arrival of RBN2.0. For those not in the know, this will add Harmonies, Keys, and Pro Keys authoring support for RBN songs. For more info on that, head over to http://creators.rockband.com!
Before I get into highlights of this update, we want to give the hugest of shoutouts to you, our community. Without your ongoing, detailed and constructive feedback, we would not have been able to pinpoint and address as many issues as we have here. It can be frustrating when you run into an issue with a game, but those of you who chose to proactively post your findings here on rockband.com instead of resigning yourself to “Well, that’s just the way it is,” are true heroes.
Enough chatting, on with the vital details!
- The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 Keyboard players experienced has been addressed.
- For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
- Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
- Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).
- The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
- Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.
- PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.
- Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
- To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.
MUSIC LIBRARY AND STORE CHANGES
- Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.
- Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.
- The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
- Anvil - 666
- Anvil - Metal on Metal
- Anvil - This is Thirteen
- Dinosaur Jr - Pick Me Up
- Dinosaur Jr - The Wagon
- Guess Who, The - Hand Me Down World
- Guess Who, The - No Time
- Tenacious D - Rock Your Socks
- Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife
PRACTICE MODE CHANGES
- An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed
- Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.
- Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.
- Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.