In a week or two, we will be releasing the new and improved RBNStuff.com website.
Some new improvements will be:
- New design/look for easier navigation and more organized content
- Greater integration of forum community tools
- Ability for Authoring Companies to post their own updates on the "News" page
What we want (the point of this thread) is for you guys to tell us what you want. Since the actual update isn't happening for a while, I want to have time to integrate suggestions from the community.
What we're going to focus LESS on:
- The "upcoming songs" section, as that just makes us a less up-to-date version of RBNReleases and we don't want that.
What we're going to focus MORE on:
- Authoring Comapnies' ability to update the website so the site itself works as a form of delivery, rather than a middle man.
- The twitter account (twitter.com/rbnstuff) will act as our main output of various updates. Follow that if you want as-it-happens updates.
- Interaction with bands who are in the Rock Band Network.
- Reviews of some of the best and not-as-well known RBN songs.
Anything you want to add to either of these lists? Let us know.
Basically, we're making RBNS a funnel website for all Authoring Companies' news to go through. In addition to that, we are going to make sure that ALL of the genuinely high-quality bands that come through the Rock Band Network get SOME sort of exposure. This is for anyone who likes finding new music through the Rock Band Network.
Of course we will maintain our updating upcoming songs page (http://rbnstuff.com/songs/upcoming) because we feel that the extra work put towards providing preview videos and authoring company info (when applicable) is helpful for both the authoring companies and the rbn customers.
Anyways, post your suggestions below. Before too long, I'll have a preview of what the site will look like and you guys can give feedback on that. We're looking for ways to make RBNS a useful and helpful place for all people interested in the RBN.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* For those who are aware that we had a massive update only about two weeks ago, don't worry. While this will be a visual update, it will definitely be a how-the-website-works update. The last update kept the same bone structure of the site, if you get what I'm saying. This one won't do that. Also, it'll be the next major update for a long time.