Hi! We are a group of amateur filmmakers working on a series of short music game related sketches and are looking for Rock Band Network bands willing to sub-licence their RBN network tracks for use in our videos.
What it boils down to is: we would like to use real footage of a band playing Rock Band but there is no way we can get permission to use any of the main setlist bands music. This is why we are turning to the "indie" community for help.
We are completely independent and are making it for fun, (there's no money making opportunities involved, sorry! unless the video makes us superfamous. which it won't.) but we would like to make sure that we have proper permissions for all the content we use in our videos as the sketches will be publically published to Youtube and other sites.
So in short:
- we are looking for a band eager to allow us to use their track in our video
- it's non-profit so we can't pay you but will be happy to credit you, link to your band, put more info about you at the end of our videos and generally make sure people know who lent us a helping hand
- we'll ask you to sign a legal agreement allowing us to use a part of your track (up to ~20-30 seconds) in the video (we'll be happy to write the document as long as you are happy to print it, sign it, scan it and send it back via email )
- we are looking for an intense, upbeat track - something that sounds pretty hard and exhilarating - doesn't have to be superhard. any 3-4 "dots" difficutly track or more will do.
- Ideally, your track will be available on the PS3 as this is our system of choice, so we can buy it (if we don't already have it) and use it in the video. I guess we can work around that one, though.
Hope I was clear enough! I can't seem to gather my thoughts as well as I would like to today.
But I'll be happy to answer all your questions