I am new to all this so please be patient if I don't seem to explain things well. I have a WII system. Purchased it sometime ago and have not used it much. When I saw the RB3 Fender Pro Guitar I thought it would be good since I have always had a desire to play guitar. I bought the Guitar and it arrived about 3 days ago. I have been trying to snyc it but have had no luck. I changed the batteries and tried a number of different sync secnarios that I've seen on various forums. Nothing seems to work. Here are the steps I go through and the results.
1. Turn the Wii on. Press the A button.
2. Install batteries and turn the guitar on. The 4 led light flash a couple of times and then go out.
3. Install the dongle. The blue light flashes a couple of times and then turn to steady blue.
4. I press the syn button on the guitar and the led lights flash a couple of times and then go out. The light on the dongle flashes maybe once or twice and then goes back to steady.
5. I press the sync button on the dongle. The blue light flashes and then goes steady. I press the sync button on the guitar and the leds flash and then go out.
I've tried this many times but no success. I've turned the guitar off and then on with the dongle still in and no luck. I changed the batteries and still no luck.
Question I have are, do I need to have the game installed for the sync to work? I tried using the sequence in the instruction manual and it didn't work. Is there a time honored set of steps that guarntee it will work? Do I need to reset the Wii and start from the begining with Wiimot? Help!!!!!