So yesterday, I went to Cedar Point with my youth group. When we got back to the church for my parents to pick me and my sister up, they told us that there was an electrical fire at our house, and that it will be unlivable through summer.
We were having our kitchen redone, and the electrician had just installed new light fixtures and went to flip the breakers for the whole house back on so we could test out the lights.
Well when that happened, there was an uncapped wire in my parent's closet that we weren't aware of that was unused after the washer and dryer were moved into the basement.
So when the breaker for the closet was turned back on for the first time in a few months, it sparked and started a fire in the closet, which went unnoticed until my little brother came back from the upstairs bathroom and reported smoke.
So 911 was dialed and every one was evacuated, and according to my parents we had about six fire trucks, two sets of paramedics, and about four cars worth of police officers, and our entire street was blocked off.
Thankfully, no one was injured, but the closet and everything in it was completely burned up, and the firefighters sprayed down the attic just in case, so combined with a smoky smell in the whole house, there are black water streaks down every wall upstairs and everything is covered with a layer of soot.
Thankfully, insurance is washing and/or replacing everything that was upstairs, and has also payed for all of our living expenses and repairs for the house, as well as providing us with a hotel room while they search for a temporary house for us to live in for the summer.
So other than that, daily life carries on, computers, the Xbox, the wii, and my bro's PS3 are moving into the new home when the time comes, and as I'm typing this the insurance people are working on getting the house back to normal.
Well, sorry for the wall of text, but I just had to get all this off my mind. Thanks.