James Brown x5.
1. Freddie Mercury...duh.
2. Roger Daltrey
3. Robert Plant
4. David Bowie
5. Dave Grohl
Pretty much your standard cliche list...until THE GROHL.
The Afterman: Acension 10.09.2012
The Afterman: Decension 02.05.13
And i know ms. benatar is a woman...She really is amazing!
Last edited by MRNINJA; 06-29-2012 at 05:49 PM.
I actually typed in Bacon Flavrd Peace in the searchbar....that's my band name in Band Hero.
My current top five, which will probably change in five minutes:
- Freddie Mercury - Yes, obvious.
- David Lee Roth - To me, also obvious.
- Roger Daltry - Maybe not quite as obvious, but he's a performer just like Roth and Mercry. And he knows how to scream.
- Jim Morrison - Another one I had to think about, but not really too much.
- Jeff Lynne - Maybe he's not the showman the others are, but with his ever-present sunglasses and perm, and the fact that he's just as responsible for ELO's sound behind the microphone as in front, he gets my vote.
Alan Parsons is in a special place. In the conventional sense he's not a front man. Across the entire APP and AP-solo catalog, he has sung lead all of twice, and one of those was through a vocoder. He doesn't play any lead instruments either, relegating himself to synth programming and some occasional rhythm guitar. Sometimes he's not in front of the microphone at all! And yet, there are very few producers that create a sound as singularly identifiable as Parsons, and of course he managed to get his name in the band's name. So it's like this: Jack Nicholson was the face of The Shining, but it was the product of Stanley Kubrick. Which one fronted that movie?
And by the way, Heartbreakers bassist Howie Epstein died, though it was after he left the band.
It's all right. Everything will work out fine.
It's all right. We're going to the end of the line!
I dunno, I think if you looked up the word "overrated" in the dictionary, you'd find Freddie Mercury's picture alongside Michael Jackson's. My list would be:
1- Bruce Dickinson
2- Michael Hutchence
4- Chuck Berry
5- Ronnie James Dio
We need sludgey and droney and stonery metal:
Cult of Luna
For me, it'd look something like this:
1. Peter Steele (Type O Negative)
2. Peter Murphy (Bauhaus)
3. Roy Orbison
4. Robert Smith (The Cure)
5. Prince (the kitchen sink)
If I had my druthers, I'd try to fit in Poly Styrene of X-Ray Spex, but she's not nearly as iconic as the others.
Arrrgh can't believe I forgot Eric Sean Nally of Foxy Shazam!
Last edited by Runesmith; 06-29-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Afraid nobody 'round here
understands my potato
They think I'm only a spud boy
looking for a real tomato
Devo - "Smart Patrol/Mr. DNA"