You don't care about me or my thoughts at all!
Interviews with RB / RBN artists.
Behind the scenes style articles written by devs.
Fan written pieces by the community, like Cipher's Paramore write up.
Photo features with little writing, looking at art or HMX office life.
Music history focused pieces, looking back at classic albums or concerts.
Event recaps, stories of the HMX Community Team on the road.
I will read absolutely anything posted. I am desperate for all of the content!
I'm going to be honest: I don't pay attention to anything in The Blog.
You don't care about me or my thoughts at all!
Currently shooting for the top 10 total Pro Keys ranks on 360.
If there's anything I would want on RockBand.com, it doesn't involve the blog.
I'll be honest and say...um...you have a blog? Seriously though I haven't paid any attention to it...just like I usually never checked out the livestream on a regular basis until there was also the occasional hints / new release info...and i think that's a BIG pull.
I'm always interested in the behind the scenes and the hints / what's in the pipeline kind of information. i also think information like that tends to lend itself to better / more informed conversations on the boards. We always seem to see 2-3 times the posts in the predicion threads when there are hints and I think knowing what "might" be coming soon is never a bad thing.
Action Figure News did an AMAZING piece back in the day where they took a toy (Ra from the comic Stargodz) that was being produced by ReSaurus. In every issue for months they did a feature on the different stages of the production, licensing, sculpting, tooling (making the molds), artist approval...pretty much all of it in as real time as anhy monthly magazine could possibly be. It was an amazing read.
I'd love to see some of the ideas suggested already..."here's an interview with HEART...they have a couple tracks in the game already and a new album and book coming out in September"...have the band talk about their career, book, album and current tour (I saw them last night! t'was an AWESOME show) and end with "hey, guess what...there's even more Heart in the DLC pipeline! Stay tuned!!!"
I also think aproaching bands with promotions like that may help loosen up some of the more reluctant bands if they know you are also helping promote them in other ways other than just offering them as DLC with a blurb the day it's announced.
DLC I Need:
__ Peter Gabriel
__ Midnight Oil
__ Twisted Sister
__ Robert Palmer
__ Oingo Boingo
I think more fan written pieces is a good thing. Being honest, I think there are people here on the forums that could do a better job writting up about bands/songs when they get released than the regular blog writers. That isn't to say that there haven't been some fantastic blogs from HMX in the past, but those were written by people at HMX who were fans of the band/songs getting released.
Personally, while I found Cipher's piece a bit bloated and could've definitely used a little bit of editing, it had heart in it, which some of the other posts have seemed to somehow miss. He didn't just say "here's Paramore, buy it" like some of the other blogs have done in the past. Der_Lex's Iron Maiden piece and Sean's Rage Against The Machine piece stand out as some of the best blog posts I've read this past year.
Another thing that I'd be interested in, but I doubt HMX could legally tell us, is more of the story of how songs got into Rock Band. Yes, I know there was the Life of a DLC article, but it was generic. I want to know specifics. For example, I want to know how that first The Who 12 pack came into being. Why those 12 songs over another 12? How was that specific package created when it was discovered that half of Who's Next was missing? I'd also like to know how that Pantera pack with songs from Vulgar Display Of Power got created when those masters were thought to be lost. Where were those masters found?
Like I said, it probably can't be done, but that's what I'd like to see.
May 20th, 2012: 4 long years since HMX released "Hysteria" by Muse. The wait for more Muse DLC has to end at some point, right?
Hell, I'd love a once a month "HMX favorites" where HMX staffers talk about one of their favorite tracks to play and why.
<Insert request for more Boston here>
DLC: lots+RB1+LRB+RB2+ACDC+GDRB (+ RB3)
What I'd like to see more of on the site.
1. Sales trends on DLC by the biggest selling songs, fastest selling songs, best selling artists. We always hear that HMX has the numbers and all of the speculation is incorrect on sales so just show us if possible.
2. Live streams are really enjoyable but hard (for me) to find. If it wasn't for Jibs, I'd never have found the few I have seen. Maybe a stickied live stream thread in the announcements section with a link? If anyone is going to say "Already there dumb-ass", please do us dumb-asses a favor and provide the link to it in your oh so witty and helpful post.
3. Hints about upcoming DLC like you used to do. (PITA I know but it's fun) Make Der_Lex do it, his kids should be able to take care of themselves by now.
4. A specific place where Lawdog is contractually bound to post several times a day. Don't pay him, just make him do it.
5. A place where popular questions are answered. This does not pertain to questions like "Why don't we get moar Muse?", "Why did you guys pick the worst song for the pro upgrade?", or "Why does GNF hate me?". Those questions are just too deep and may never be answered. We need some shallow "feel good" questions answered.
6. A post containing the names and addresses of the people responsible for the Llama expert drum chart and the Jerry Was A Race Car Driver expert bass chart.
Harmonix Kung-Fu Central coming this fall to an XBOX near you!