I finally got around to buying Blitz.
- Playing with the "shoulders" scheme is very easy and natural. It plays like butter. Not much feels better than 100% on the solo to "Run to the Hills".
- No bobblehead! I am going to play new DLC in Blitz because the background is not annoying. Sure, there's only one background, but I can live with it because it fits the game so well.
- No leaderboard rank hiding! No more rank-less 99%! Justice is here!
- I like the generic menu music rather than song snippets (that only served to make you sick of the disc songs).
- RBW is the goal system that updates, what RB3's goal system should have been. In fact, you could play some goals using RB3 activity to earn Blitz coins. I'm hoping that RB4 will use these somehow.
- The score and pop-ups seem to be done in a different font - that font is amazing. Why not make the entire UI based on that font, and retire cranky-looking old Pentatonic before it does any more damage? Again, something to think about for RB4.
It seems you have learned from a few of your mistakes, Harmonix. I have forsaken RB3 for RBB, and will shut up about RB3's shortcomings for a good while. However, I expect RB4 to blow my socks off, seeing as how you did so well here, and seeing how long it will take for it to come out.
I'm going to be back every week for more challenges.