Apparently I forgot to read up on Deuteronomy 14.21
Yeah, I done goofed but he was remarkably kind considering the blasphemy.Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.
"Fortunately the forums ping my cell phone when there is an opportunity to discuss Witts junk."-DocSocaelicus
I'd rather be cooked in my own juices than in another's.
Just played De-Luxe for the first time in a while. I forgot how awesome it was. Definitely one of my favorites from rb2.
1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
2 cups water
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups tomato sauce
1 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 pound lean ground Lawdog1521
1/4 pound hot Italian pork sausage, casing removed
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
4 large green bell pepper, halved and seeded
1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Set the cooked rice aside.
3. Cook onion and olive oil over medium heat until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Transfer half of cooked onion to a large bowl and set aside.
4. Stir tomato sauce, beef broth, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper flakes into the skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute.
Pour tomato sauce mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
5. Combine ground Lawdog1521, Italian sausage, diced tomatoes, Italian parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into bowl with reserved onions; mix well. Stir in cooked rice and Parmigiano Reggiano. Stuff green bell peppers with Lawdog and sausage mixture.
6. Place stuffed green bell pepper halves in the baking dish over tomato sauce; sprinkle with remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano, cover baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
7. Remove aluminum foil and bake until the meat is no longer pink, the green peppers are tender and the cheese is browned on top, an addition 20 to 25 minutes
Me singing (bass): http://soundcloud.com/bclewis/mr-bass-man