EDIT: (Jan 29, 2009) This mod has been confirmed to work with the RB2 mics as well. Their "black box" on the mic cord is smaller than the "black boxes" on the RB1 mics.
EDIT:WARNING!! this mod only works if you have the Rockband microphone with the "black box" on the cord. If your microphone does NOT have a black box on the cord, DONT TRY THIS. lol
EDIT: This mod actually will work with any microphone which takes a 1/4" jack. The Nady Microphone I used in the mod was just the first one i came across.
ok ive done it! the Epic wireless mic mod is finished.... and quite simple if anyone's interested.
1. rockband mic (Free with Rockband bundle purchase)
2. Nady DKW3 handheld wireless system http://www.guitarcenter.com/Nady-DKW...60-i1323301.gc ($39.95 at guitarcenter.com)
EDIT: as of 07-02-08, MarkHawk is testing a "dual mic" setup to allow 2 singers.... read the entire thread for more information.
3. male 1/4" mono jack http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search
(3.99 at radio shack)
4. Optional: DieCast Mic Stand regular black http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musician...53-i1371493.gc
(12.99 at guitarcenter.com)
5. Optional: Proline MS102 Butterfly clip http://www.guitarcenter.com/ProLine-...48-i1168308.gc
(4.99 at guitarcenter.com)
1. cut your rock band mic off the cord close to the mic itself.
2. Run out to the street, throw you mic at a passing car.... run back inside.
EDIT: instead of hitting a car, its option to attach a female jack to the original mic, thus allowing you to switch back and forth between the wireless mic and the original mic (backup). Read the thread.
3. Connect the mic chord to the 1/4" jack... white to hot ... black to ground.
4. the wireless sytem accepts a 1/4" jack.... plug it in.
5. theres a power button on the system and the mic. Turn em both on.
6. OPTIONAL: place mic in cool clip on your new mic stand!
7. Realize you're not very good at singing after all, but now have an EPIC WIRELESS MIC.............. FTW!
grand total: 44 bucks without stand
62 bucks with stand
.... plus shipping :P
.... at least those are the steps i took :P