New York, NY – November 20, 2009 – Think your local bar should be hosting Rock Band Bar Nights? Well, so do we! We want you to help us spread Rock Band Bar Nights and we are willing to reward you for your hard work, starting with offering you a free DLC song just for participating.
You can earn points bygiving us information on bars in your area that you think should be hosting Rock Band Bar Nights. If you get a bar to sign up for the program and mention your name, then you get even more points. The people with the most points at the end of this contest will get awesome Rock Band prizes, AND each person that participates (i.e. earns at least 1 point) will receive a free Rock Band DLC song (Xbox 360 & PS3 only). Yes, that's right, you could earn yourself a free Rock Band track just for telling us about your favorite neighborhood bar! And to help you spread the word, we have created this awesome flyer for you to print out and give to all of your favorite watering holes.
Here's how it works:
You can earn points in 3 different ways:
Earn one (1) point for each bar you recommend to us for a maximum of ten (10) possible points.
Earn three (3) points for each bar you recommend to us that is accompanied with an accurate contact name (i.e., the bar manager or owner) and contact information, including a valid phone number and/or email address, for a maximum of thirty (30) possible points.
Earn ten (10) points for each bar that signs up to the Rock Band Bar Nights program, becomes an authorized bar, AND lists your name in the “How did you hear about us?” field of the program registration form. There is no maximum limit. You can earn an unlimited number of points. Just make sure the bar you recommend remembers your name and lists it if they sign up to the program.
So what can you win?
1 Grand Prize = The Beatles: Rock Band LE Bundle & Gretsch Guitar (Xbox, PS3, or Wii)
2 2nd Prizes = Ion Drum Rocker (Xbox only)
2 3rd Prizes = Fender Wooden Stratocaster (Xbox only)
10 4th Prizes = TB:RB Stand Alone Guitar (Gretsch or Rickenbacker – Xbox only)
How do you enter?
Send an email to email@example.com with the venue information and we will keep track of the points you earn. You MUST include the following sentence in your email to be eligible for points as well as the information listed below:
Date of Birth (Day/Month/Year):
Xbox or Playstation Gamertag/ID:
“Rock Band Bar Nights Contest”
Sponsored by Harmonix Promotions and Events Inc.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA AND HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Contest Overview: Harmonix Promotions and Events Inc. (“HPE”) is looking for individuals to recommend their local bars and/or nightclubs (each, a “Venue” and, collectively, “Venues”) for HPE to contact each Venue to become a member (the “Authorized Venues”) of “Rock Band Bar Nights” program (the “Program”). Authorized Venues will then host “Rock Band Bar Nights” where customers can play Rock Band.
Entrants will be able to win Prizes (as defined herein) by earning points in three (3) different ways:
Each entrant that enters the Contest (as defined herein) (i.e. recommends at least one (1) Venue and therefore earns at least one (1) point) and follows these Official Rules (the “DLC Winner”) will receive one (1) free Rock Band DLC downloadable song (for Xbox & PS3 consoles only). Each DLC Prize (as defined herein) is limited to one (1) per person regardless of how many times an individual enters. If any entrant enters multiple times, he/she will only receive one (1) DLC Prize.
3. Entry Period: The “Rock Band Bar Nights Contest” (the “Contest”) commences at 12:00:01 PM (ET) on November 20, 2009 and ends at 11:59:59 AM (ET) on December 18, 2009 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 AM (ET) on December 18, 2009.
4. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia. Entrants must be at least 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of HPE and its respective parent companies, affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, third party fulfillment agencies (collectively with HPE, the “Sponsor Entities”) are not eligible. By participating in this Contest, entrants; (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules, and by the decisions of HPE, which are final in all matters relating to the Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsor Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest and/or the use or misuse or redemption of a prize; and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
5. To Enter: Send an email (“Entry Email”) to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy and paste the items in bold below with the required responses in the body of the email:
Date of Birth (Day/Month/Year):
Xbox or Playstation Gamertag/ID:
In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry Email, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to participate in the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
All content of Entry Emails must be completely original to entrant and must not have been taken or composed, in whole or in part, from any other source other than the entrant, and must not have been released commercially in order to be eligible to enter Contest. Entry Emails which contain materials that are not the original work of the entrant, or are illegible or incomplete will not be accepted.
In submitting an Entry Email into this Contest, each entrant agrees to, confirms and represents to HPE that neither he/she nor anyone else has engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Contest that: (i) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or any property; (ii) may or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to person, living things or property; (iii) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortious conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (iv) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules. HPE is not obligated to review, consider, use, publish, display or broadcast any materials submitted with an Entry Email; provided however, that each entrant acknowledges that HPE will rely on such entrant’s agreement and compliance with these Official Rules when entrant submits or attempts to submit the Entry Email. HPE (and any and all of HPE’s subsidiaries and affiliates and affiliated broadcast stations and networks) shall have the right to use any materials submitted pursuant to these Official Rules in or on the Website, and in or on any other program, programming channel, broadcast or other public display and performance, at any time in the future, without notice and without compensation, royalty, accounting, liability or obligation of any kind to any entrant.
All Entry Emails submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as the “Eligible Entries”. Incomplete or inaccurate entries are void.
6. Judges and Judging Criteria: The official judging panel will be comprised of representatives from HPE (collectively, the “Judges”), and the Entry Emails will be judged based on the judging criteria set forth in Paragraph 2 above. The final determination of the Winners (as defined herein) and the application of the judging criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. In the event of a tie or dispute or for any other reason that HPE deems necessary during any round of the Contest, determination of the Winners shall be made by HPE. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor Entities and Judges disclaim any liability from, and entrants, whether or not a Winner, agree to waive, any claims against Sponsor Entities and Judges relating to the judging or awarding process. HPE reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners in its sole discretion. All Entry Emails, entry materials, and other submissions, if any become the property of HPE and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Judges reserve the right to conduct phone interviews with any entrant in order to clarify any information on his or her entry. The Judges reserve the right to extend the Contest Period or not to award the Prizes if they determine, in their sole discretion, that Eligible Entries received did not meet the minimum qualification standards based on these judging criteria.
7. Winner Selection/Notification: One (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”), two (2) second place winners (the “Second Place Winners”), two (2) third place winners (the “Third Place Winners”) and ten (10) fourth place winners (the “Fourth Place Winners” and, collectively with the Grand Prize Winner, Second Place Winner and Third Place Winner, the “Winners”) will be selected by the Judges on or about January 5, 2009. HPE will make one (1) attempt over the 24 hour period following Winners selection to contact the potential Winners. If the potential Winners cannot be reached during the 24 hour period in which he/she is called (no messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems) the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternative Winner will be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entries received. In addition, HPE reserves the right to select an alternative Winner in the event that any Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
8. Winner Verification: Each potential Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within two (2) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner, such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received in HPE’s sole discretion. The Winners must sign within five (5) days of receipt of such documents from HPE: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sponsor Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, members, affiliated companies and subsidiaries, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of any prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for the prize and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor Entities the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purpose without additional compensation. Entry into this Contest constitutes agreement to sign such releases. Winners also must acknowledge that HPE has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the prize and that Winners will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Prize. Each Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by HPE (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by HPE or Winner may forfeit prize at HPE’s sole discretion. HPE expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason HPE deems necessary.
The ARV of all Prizes is $3,100.00 and is subject to change based on current market conditions at the time of Prize fulfillment and the number of DLC Winners. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be rewarded.
The date for fulfillment of the Prizes will be on or around February 1, 2009 subject to programming requirements and such dates are subject to change in HPE’s sole discretion.
10. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by HPE. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, including, but not limited to, any additional equipment, are solely each Winner’s responsibility. The value of the Prizes may be taxable to Winners as income. Upon receipt of any Prize, each Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely each Winner’s responsibility. HPE shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize prize as described herein.
NO SUBSTITUTION, TRANSFER OR CASH EQUIVALENT OF PRIZES OR ANY PORTION THEREOF PERMITTED, EXCEPT BY HPE, IN WHICH CASE A PRIZE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE MAY BE AWARDED.
11. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY ANY WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SPONSOR ENTITY INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR ENTITIES, SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Sponsor Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. The Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. The Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Winners. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3266146#post3266146 and the Prizes may be awarded to a winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and/or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by HPE are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted and will result in disqualification of all such entries. The Sponsor Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, HPE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sponsor Entities, and hereby acknowledge that said Sponsor Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes including express warranties, provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes.
Past experience has confirmed that contests and other competitions generate substantially similar submissions or entries which closely resemble concepts and ideas that have been independently developed by Sponsor Entities before or after the Contest. Accordingly, entrants may subsequently see a Sponsor Entity presentation which seemingly incorporates an idea or concept or includes materials similar to that contained in their entries. Any similarity is purely coincidental and unavoidable in light of the volume of ideas which Sponsor Entities routinely considers in the course of their program development. Because of this possibility, entrants hereby agree to submit their entries under the following terms and conditions: (a) that Sponsor Entities may use any ideas, concepts, material, in whole or in part, contained in an entry, (b) that all physical materials submitted become the property of Sponsor Entities and will not be returned; (c) that all materials submitted are free from any lien or claim by anyone, including, but not limited to any union, guild or performance rights society; (d) entrants have obtained all rights, permissions and licenses necessary for Sponsor Entities to use the entries for any purpose; (e) that no entry or any part thereof infringes any trademark or copyright or otherwise violates anyone’s right of privacy or publicity; and (f) entrants indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor Entities and their respective parent companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, members, affiliated companies and subsidiaries from any claims, suits, losses damages and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that arise from any breach of the following conditions. Entrants agree to the foregoing and in addition agree to obtain, upon request of Sponsor Entities any documentation and releases necessary to prove their unrestricted ownership in all materials contained in their submission and Sponsor Entities right to use such materials, in whole or in part, without limitation in all media and for any purpose whatsoever without compensation.
In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant who submitted the winning Eligible Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with that Eligible Entry will be deemed the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Said entrant must comply with these Official Rules and, at HPE’s sole discretion, may be required to provide proof or ownership of the email account.
13. Request for Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
“Rock Band Bar Nights Contest”
1515 Broadway, 29th Floor
New York, NY 10036
All requests for a copy of the rules and requests for names of Winners must be made by February 16, 2010. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of the “Winners”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
14. Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by Harmonix Promotions and Events Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.